Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Safety accident

 

Food safety

Disbelief And Grief As A Grade Three Pupil Loses Life After Eating Food In School

A sombre mood has engulfed residents of Kiminini in Trans Nzoia County after a grade three pupil at GerHellen Creative ECDE Centre died after taking Githeri.

Confirming the incident is the Sirende Sub-Location Assistant Chief, Esther Waswa, who said that Joshua Bunguswa, the deceased, died some moments after being discharged from a medical facility in the area following a suspected food poisoning.

According to a school worker who requested anonymity, the school's director had also ate the same food and developed stomach problems. The administrator was rushed to the Kitale Referral Hospital receiving medical attention. The management is being accused of buying cheap maize in order to cut on cost of running the school which led to the incident.

The school has been temporarily been closed awaiting interrogation by the officials from the public health to ascertain whether it was food poisoning.

The parents of the deceased child could not believe what had happened with the mother collapsing when she heard the news.

The deceased’s body has been taken to Kitale County Referral Hospital mortuary awaiting autopsy.

https://www.k24tv.co.ke/news/trans-nzoia-grade-three-pupil-dies-from-suspected-food-poisoning-after-eating-githeri-58070/

Content created and supplied by: Thenewsdokta (via Opera News )

Esther Waswa Joshua Bunguswa Kitale County Kitale Referral Hospital Sirende

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments