The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics ranks counties every year in terms of the their GCP. The research tracks all the value of final goods and services from the various countries in the country.
10. Kakamega county. The county is under Wycliffe Oparanya as the governor. It has a population of 1.9 million people living in it's 12 sub-counties. It has a GDP of $182,563 and a GCP of 2.4. It is the second most populous county in Kenya.
9. Bungoma county. The county government is under governor Wycliffe Wangamati. It has a GDP $183,509 anf GCP of 2.1. It has a population of 1.7 million residing in It's 9 sub-counties.
8. Kisumu. It is under governor Anyang Nyong'o. The GDP is $194,489 and a GCP of 2.9. It has a population of 1.2 million living in it's 7 sub-counties.
7. Meru. It's a tribe living in the Eastern part of Mt. Kenya. It's under governor Kiraitu Murungi. It has a GDP of $229,646 and a GCP of 2.9.
6. Machakos. It's under governor Alfred Mutua. The county has a GDP of $232,860 and a GCP of 3.2.
5. Nyandarua. It has a population of 650,000 persons spread in it's 5 sub-counties. It has a GDP of $245,203 and a GCP of 2.6.
4. Mombasa. It has a GDP of $332,122 and a GCP of 3.7.
3. Kiambu county. Kiambu is highly developed county with a GDP of $421,918 and a GCP of 5.5.
2. Nakuru county. Nakuru town was recently named as the 4th City in Kenya. It has a GDP of $517,462 and a GCP of 6.17.
1. Nairobi. It is the richest county in terms of GDP and also the most populated county. It has a GDP of $1, 492 323.
Content created and supplied by: RightOnTime.Com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More