Nairobians are known for their creativity, ranging from business ideas to how they practice their business. Nairobi city has been named one of the leading in business. The growth of the youthful population in the city has also led to the growth of a new language which spreads very fast to the entire country and region. But did you know that some initials have got nothing to do with the new language created by the youths? Some initials are official and accepted by the government.
On record they are used in formal environment without question. The following are some of the initials which you should be varsant with while living in city.
1. CBD: Central Business District. This is region within and where the city streches to. This is the space where government offices are situated as well as the region where business operates. In Nairobi its centre is estimated to be around the KICC building.
2. NMS: Nairobi Metropolitan Services. This is a special body made by the president to help in running operations within Nairobi county and it's environment. The region commonly reffered to as Nairobi and it's outskirts.
3. BRT: Bus Rapid Transit. This is the newest mode of transportation especially for passengers. It's operation are scheduled to start on Thika road later in the year. It makes use of the pinkish demacation lanes on the Superhighway.
4. CG: County Government. Simply refers to the county government, in Nairobi it is county number 47 and will appear in all government CG assets including vehicles.
5. GoK: Government of Kenya. Nairobi serves as the countries headquarters and these initials are very common.
Are there other initials which you need to understand their meaning? Write them in the comment section below and each will be addressed separately.
Content created and supplied by: Kenyahub (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More