Stuck at home and feeling bored? Today I’m sharing a list of fun things to do at home when you’re bored. These creative ideas can give you a boost of inspiration when you’re looking for things to do when bored in quarantine.
With today’s current events, we are being told to stay at home more. Yes, it’s natural to feel anxious or scared. But we have been given the gift of time. Time to spend with our loved ones. Time to get organized. Time to relax.
Today I have 12 Things That You Should Do In This Lockdown Season.
1. If you’re stuck at home, why not make things fun by having an indoor scavenger or treasure hunt. Create some clues and distribute them around the home so one clue leads to another. Then place some treasure at the final destination. This can be a fun thing to do when you’re bored at home for kids.
2. Pick your favorite movie genre and plan for an evening of watching back-to-back movies. Other themed movie nights include Disney movies, movies with sequels, movies by a specific director, and so on.
3. Plan an afternoon or evening of Songs with your friends and family. Make it a judgement-free zone so everyone can feel comfortable singing their favorite tunes. You can select music from your favorite genre, band or decade. This is one of the best fun things to do at home.
4. Did you know that doing jigsaw puzzles can improve your short-term memory? It’s also a great way to relieve stress after a long day. This is one of the best things to do at home by yourself.
5. Companies are willing to pay you to get your opinion. If you’re looking for an easy way to make money fast, this can be a fun thing to do at home.
6. Blogging is my favorite way to make money online and it’s a fun thing to do at home. The start-up costs are low which makes it super easy to get started. Blogging can be a simple side hustle, or it can turn into a full-time job (like it did for me). It’s up to you!
7. Side hustles can be a great way to boost your income so you can save more money and stay afloat. Here’s a few of my favorite side jobs you may want to consider, cooking dinner at home, cooking pan cakes and so on.
8. Sometimes I get into a rut where it feels like I’m cooking the same thing for dinner every night. To mix things up, I recommend trying a new recipe. Search for ideas on Pinterest or pull out your favorite cookbook to get inspired.
9. There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked dessert. I love watching baking shows on TV and always get inspired to learn how to become a better baker. Some of my favorite things to bake include chocolate cream pie, banana bread, and brownies.
10. Take a break from trying to figure out what’s for dinner every night. Instead, try Hello Fresh. This meal kit delivery is perfect for those busy weeks and make for a fun thing to do at home.
11. Cocktails at restaurants can be quite expense. Instead, learn how to make your favorite cocktail or mocktail at home. This can be a great way to save money, plus you’ll impress your friends. Some of my favorite drinks to make include margaritas, mojitos, and hurricanes. This can be a fun activity to do at home for adults.
12. I love curling up under the blanket with a cup of tea and a good book. This can be a nice way to relax and unwind. I recommend going to the library to borrow books for free.
Content created and supplied by: MontezK (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More