In Kenya, Maize is one of the staple food and is planted in both small scale as well as large scale production. Areas where large scale production is done, in most cases tend to have surplus produce which are then sold to millers to feed other regions with less or no maize produce. Thus in this article, allow me to present to you counties in Kenya that experiences high maize production.
To begin with, these regions normally experiences high rainfall throughout the year and are home of several rivers which also support irrigation. Having said that below are the top counties in Kenya with highest maize production.
1. Trans Nzoia County (Annual produce 4,738,878 bags against 990,431 people)
2. Uasin Gishu (Annual produce 3,604,067 bags against 1,163,186 people)
3. Bungoma County (Annual produce 3,507,900 bags against 1,670,750 people)
4. Nandi County (Annual produce 2,045,856 bags against 885,711 people.
5. Elgeyo Marakwet County (1,160,967 bags against 454,480 people)
6.Kakamega County (Annual produce 2,877,811 bags against 1,867,579 people.
7. Kisii County (Annual production 1,605,333 bags against 1,266,860 people.
8. Migori County (Annual produce 1,505,167 bags against 1,116,436 people)
9. Nakuru County (Annual produce 2,386,489 bags against 2,162,202 people.
Meanwhile thank you for reading my article.
Content created and supplied by: Orimbatyson (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More