Are you a Kazi Mtaani Initiative recruit and you have been wondering just how long you will continue benefitting from the scheme? Worry not, the answer is out. The Finance Cabinet secretary Ukur Yattani has revealed the period of time that the initiative will last before a termination is considered. Speaking on Monday during a retreat by member of parliament, Mr Yattani said that the program will continue for at least the next one year.
The former Marsabit governor told the legislators that the central government was keen on ensuring that young Kenyans who had lost livelihoods due to the Covid-19 pandemic would have income to sustain themselves. He also gave an assurance that government agencies were not being given more money than they can handle.
" We are going to run the ‘Kazi Mtaani’ program for the next one year so as to support those who may have lost their livelihoods. I want to assure you that we are not allocating government agencies more monies that they can manage, " the Finance Cabinet Secretary said as quoted by the National Assembly of Kenya on its official Twitter handle.
A screenshot of a tweet by the National Assembly of Kenya capturing the words of Finance Cabinet secretary Ukur Yattani who addressed members of parliament at a retreat. [Source/ SB Mukalo]
The initiative was rolled out over a month ago by the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government officials. It was conceived to target young people with national identity cards. President Uhuru Kenyatta said the program was aimed at ensuring that youths in the country are cushioned from the economic fallout of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Kazi Mtaani Initiative has not been without controversies. There have been claims of corruption in the form of underpayment. Some of the recruits have claimed that they have not received the funds. This week, the principal secretary in the Ministry of Housing Charles Hinga Mwaura announced that the funds had already been disbursed.
The Housing principal secretary Charles Hinga Mwaura announced this week that money owed to Kazi Mtaani Initiative recruits had already been disbursed. [Source/ Courtesy]
Content created and supplied by: ShemBevertonMukalo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More