1. Bring an end to corruption by whatever means possible.
2. Recover looted funds and use the funds in reducing the country's debt level.
3.Invest in object driven projects instead of vendor driven projects that only serve to increase the debt burden and enrich only the few elites.
4.Generate more revenues by lowering the common man's tax rates and formalize the economy. Lowering taxes leave businesses and households with more disposable income and in the end results to high tax revenues.
5. Strengthen the Shilling by promoting exports, grow tourism and reduce unnecessary imports.
6. Sell assets in profitable state owned enterprises and plough back the profits to reduce the debt levels.
7. Lengthen the country's loan maturity period, replace high interest loans with cheap interest loans.
8. Ensure the country's economic policies are predictable and stable thus improving an investing environment for both local and foreign investors.
9. Lower spending by cutting unnecessary expansionary fiscal policies and projects. Some of the ways of cutting spending include pay cuts for government staff, freezing of non essential development projects and staff rationalisation.
Content created and supplied by: Kwazimodo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More