Nyamira county is county no. 46 as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010.It is one of the counties which are small in size in kenya.It is located in Nyanza region it has it's headquarters in Nyamira town with an urban population of around 41,668 (2009 census).
It was formerly known as Nyamira district separate from Gucha and Kisii districts which were merged in 2013 to form Kisii County. The main cash crops grown are bananas and tea.
The county has a population of 605,576 (2019 census). It is subdivided into the following sub counties;
1. MANGA headquarters are at Manga.it has Abagetutu as the dominant clan in the area.
2. NYAMIRA SOUTH headquarters are in Nyamira town. It has West mugirango constituency.it has Abagichora , Abasamaro and Abanyamatuta.
3. NYAMIRA NORTH headquarters are at ekerenyo. It has north mugirango as the constituency.it is home to Abakeira and Abakurati and Abanyakoni.
4. BORABU -Nyansiongo is the headquarters. it is the hub of tea farming. With many large plantation farms for tea .Borabu constituency is found there. Most people in the are are of mixed clans because it is a settlement scheme area.
5. MASABA NORTH - It is headquarters are at Rigoma . It is has Abagetutu as the dominant clan.It has Gitutu masaba as the constituency.
Content created and supplied by: @nyambisa (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform