Abbreviations are part of life. You have to know as they facilitate communication when one need to pass fast information. From medical words to common words. Many people uses short forms of words to pass information. For instance, abbr. For abbreviation, Mr. for Mister among others.
These abbreviation are mostly used everyday to facilitate communication. Even you test yourself if you know them.
1. PM/AM stands for Post 'Meridiem' and ' Ante Meridiem'. We use this abbreviation to indicate after and before midday respectively.
2.TGIF. This abbreviation is mostly sung by workers and it is used to stand for Thank God it's Friday.
3. ASAP. As soon as possible. For instance," kindly inbox your name ASAP."
4. PIN. Used to stand for Personal Identification Number. This is special number used to indetify someone.
5. AKA. Also Known As. Used after the first nick name is called. For instance, "This is Nicki AKA Wachira.
6.ATM. It is used to stand for 'Automated Teller Machine.' Special machine used to withdraw money from bank account
7. LOL. Laughing out loud. Also this is most used abbreviations.
Content created and supplied by: Writterbay (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More