Layers are chickens or hens that their end product is eggs mainly and meat. Rearing layers for eggs is a positive idea that results in good produce that can earn a person a good living income. Most people engage in chicken rearing but the mistake they do is mixing and not being specific on one. You might find a farmer rearing both broilers and layers at the same time which makes it more complicated. Selecting one business idea has the advantage of being able to manage and realize high profits.
The following factors should be considered when venturing into rearing of layers for eggs for business;
1. Identify the demand of the market, high demand will tell the number of layers that should be kept and so does the number of eggs produced to the market.
2. Consider the area of rearing your layers and always it should be well constructed and adequate food provided.
3. Control pests and diseases and also the birds should be vaccinated.
4. Plan and budget for the feeds since layers are specific eaters and also heavy eaters, planning will help you have appropriate and enough feeds
5. Always Keep records of the produce and make remarks on the profit and loss and this will enable one to identify strength and weaknesses.
6. Look for markets early before the birds start to lay their eggs so as to avoiding piling of the eggs. This will make one make higher profits.
7. You should have transportation means for places far so as to enhances faster delivery.
8. Maintain the trust between you and your customers so as to enhance efficient flow.
9. There should be space for expansion of the business since the demand might grow according to your customers trust in you.
10. Make sure the eggs are always clean since most customers require clean products on the market.
Content created and supplied by: Lisutsa_Robert254 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More