Due to the high cost of home construction, some people would rather rent a home than buy one. The opposite is true. Preparing the foundation is the only complicated part of building a house, and it can cost up to 20,000 Kenyan Shillings.
The following lists the minimum and recommended materials for constructing a two-bedroom house.
1. Cement, 1,150 bags at 700 shillings apiece (105,000 shillings total).
2. Three truckloads of River Sand cost 36,000 Kenyan Shillings ($12,000.
3. A load of hard rock stones will set you around 11,000 KSH each lorry, round trip.
4. 80,000 KSH for 4 boards of timber and fascia.Dollars per Capita (DPC) Equals 12,000 Kenyan Shillings.
5, Kitchen Cabinets and Sinks: 50,000 KSH
6. Iron sheets 30 feet long cost 1,000 Kenyan Shillings ($30), for a grand total of 30,000 KSh for roofing materials.
7. The price of bricks is 45,000 Kenyan Shillings each 7.3 lorrie.
8.Tiles (30x30) Eighty Boxes = Eight Hundred Eighty Times 60,000 Kenyan Shillings
9.Tiles for a bathroom, 10 boxes for 7,000 KSH.
10.2 Two steel doors, one for the main entrance and the other for the kitchen, plus two wooden doors for one bedroom (totaling 20,000 shillings) and four windows (one each for the kitchen, the bedroom, and the living room) costing 5,000 shillings add up to 20,000 shillings.
11. Paint, primer, and brushes/rollers cost about 40,000 shillings in total.
12. Twelve foot diameter round poles are six thousand Kenyan shillings.
13. Cost of electrical outlets, wiring, and plumbing supplies: 40,000 Kenyan Shillings
14. Three passes at the wall equals nine thousand shillings.
15. Pipes, a basin, a flow trap, and 30,000 KSH in plumbing materials
16. Roofing nails, 4 inches, 2 inches, and 5 inches, each 10 kilogrammes, cost a total of 10,000 Kenyan Shillings.
17.Y10 = 14,000, R6 = 6,000, Y12 9,500.
18. 10.Kilograms of binding wire cost 1,500 Kenyan Shillings.
19. 100,000 KSH for labour and travel costs
The entire cost of construction for this home should be less than 800,000.
Content created and supplied by: SPECIALIST (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More