The latest report from Forbes indicates that Kenya is the wealthiest counties in Eastern part of Africa. It's also considered one of the richest countries in Africa at large. Kenya is known to be a home to some of the wealthiest people in East Africa Community (EAC). Most of this wealthiest people are millionaires, billionaires and some trillionares. Some of the family members of this wealthiest families in Kenya dominates the list of the wealthiest people in the country. Most of them are businessmen and politicians.
However, the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing each year despite being a country that is producing some of the wealthiest families in East Africa Community. The latest research clearly shows that around 0.1 percent own more wealth than the remaining 99.9 percent of this country's population. This clearly shows that the government has to do something.
The gap between the rich and the poor has been increasing since the independence. The only things that has improved massively are growth in economy and infrastructure. Kenya attained her independence in 1963.
When you compare the current state of this country with when it got independence, you will realise that it has greatly improved. Kenya has improved in terms of infrastructure, education, leadership, economy, lifestyle among many other areas. The country can now boast on having tycoons in different parts of this nation. This tycoons has created dynasties that will serve this nation to some five to six generations to come.
In this article we want to look at some of the richest families in Kenya. Family wealth can be described as the combination of lineage, quality, authenticity, values of tradition and health. It normally offers universal wealth but individual wealth doesn't offer it. Here are the top 5 richest families in the country according to Forbes Report in 2022.
1.Sameer Naushad Maralis
2.Bhimji Depar Shahs
3.Jaswinder Singh Bedis
4.Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta
5.Mahendra Rambhai Patels
Content created and supplied by: Alerts_News (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More