There are only a few weeks remaining before KRA ends the filing exercise. Did you know that you are at risk of having your KRA pin deregistered should you fail to file returns? Moreover whenever you fail to file returns you are slapped with a fine of ksh. 2000. You can avoid this trouble by setting aside just two minutes of your time to file returns by following this procedure:
1. Take a computer, open the browser and type the word iTax portal. Select the first search result (itax.kra.go.ke) and you will be redirected to a page where you are supposed to key in your details.
2. Enter the KRA pin, your password and then answer the question that follows it (security stamp). Once done click login.
In case you don't remember your password or KRA pin follow the procedure in this link to retrieve them:
3. Upon successful login, you will unlock a page that looks as the one below. Click the section written Returns on the upper part of the screen then select the Nil returns.
4. In the next page fill the Type, pin and tax obligation sections as follows
Taxpayer Pin: A0122... (your KRA pin)
Tax Obligation: Income tax Resident
Once done click next.
5. In the next page leave husband/wife section blank if unmarried. Enter your KRA pin and then enter the return period dates. 2021 returns will require return periods to be from 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2020. The dates normally appear automatically anyway.
However if it is your first time filing returns and you got your KRA pin after 01/01/2020 e.g on 05/06/2020 then the return dates should be from 05/06/2020 to 31/12/2020. (The date when you received your KRA pin is indicated on the KRA pin certificate)
Once done click the submit button and then click on 'download return Receipt'
Content created and supplied by: Leica254 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More