NHIF and NSSF offices have recorded large crowd queueing to check their contribution. With the current state of the nation it is not advisable to have large crowd queueing due to presence of corona Virus which requires social distancing as a control measure.
Also, visiting such offices located mostly located in urban areas is time consuming and expensive due to transport cost.
NHIF and NSSF have brought solution to such challenges. One can easily check in their contributions using website portal online or even check their emails. However these can be a bit challenging to most remote areas due to low data connectivity. The best way is to check it via SMS.
The following are steps on how one can check their NHIF and NSSF status using SMS:
How to check your NSSF status via SMS.
1. Send the word NSSF to the number 6773 in order to check your balance. You shall be provided instructions on how to proceed OR
2. Type NSSFand then click (space button) followed by NSSF number then (space button) add the date of birth(space) then Full names(space) and send it to 6773.
3. You shall receive your pin within a few seconds and after validation.
4. Type the word Bal, New pin and send it to 6773.
5. Immediately, the NSSF statement will be issued to you and you'll be able to check your balance.
How to check NHIF status via SMS.
1. Open your phone messaging app.
2. On the messaging space, type your ID and click (space button) and then type your National ID number or passport number.
3. Then send the message to the number 21101.
4. After a few seconds you will receive a message having your balance.
Any inquiries about NHIF and NSSF that you would like to know? Please leave your comment concerning this matter.
Content created and supplied by: Labank (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More