- Insert a USB flash drive into a running PC
- Open a command Prompt window as an administrator
- Type 'diskpart'
- In the new command line window that opens, to determine the USB flash drive number or drive letter, at the command prompt, type 'list disk' and then click ENTER. The list disk command displays all the disks on the computer. Note the driver number or drive letter of the USB flash drive.
- At the command prompt, type select disk <X> , where X is the drive number or drive etter of the USB flash drive, and click ENTER.
- Type clean, and then click ENTER. This command deletes all data from the USB flash drive.
- To create a new primary partition on the USB flash drive, type create part 'pri' , and then click ENTER.
- To select the partition that you just created, type 'select part 1' and then click ENTER.
- To format the partition, type 'format fs=ntfs quick' and then click ENTER.
Content created and supplied by: caljones19 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More