The Luo are ethnically and linguistically related Nilotic ethnic groups in Africa that inhabit an area starting from South Sudan and Ethiopia, through Northern Uganda and eastern Congo (DRC), into western Kenya, and the Mara Region of Tanzania.
Their Luo languages belong to the Nilotic group and as such form part of the larger Eastern Sudanic family.
This article focuses on those in Western Kenya, who are much known for their hilarious slogan "Ujaluo Ni Gharama".
They have managed to live a lifestyle full of 'Gharama', which involves spending like you own the World Bank.
The Luos came up with funny sayings that makes them enjoy the title "Ujaluo Ni Gharama". Here are some of those sayings.
1. A luo doesn’t live in ‘Nyumba Ya Mabati,‘ they live in aluminium apartments. With this, no Luo can feel intimidated for staying in a .mabati' house, after all happiness is all about accepting the situations
2. Luos don’t throw stones, they just distribute natural resources vertically.They are known for throwing stones as their way of attacking the enemy, or defending themselves. To validate their way of defense, the came up with this saying. Validating yourself to a situation to fit there
3. Luos don’t attend events, their arrival is the event.It is only in Luo, you remember Jared Otieno? Do you remember how he delivered dowry to his fianceé’s home in Meru? His arrival was the headlines not the function itself. The point is as clear as that, simple!
4. Luos don’t cheat on their women, they just love every female equally. If he can love equally, then he is not cheating, he is choosing the polygamous way, which is not illegal in the country.
5. Luos don’t become broke, they are on financial off peak.This slogan helps Luos to remain happy even if they are broke, happiness starts with you, so find out ways how you can earn it.
Content created and supplied by: MinLeone (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More