Sign in
Download Opera News App

Public Safety


Crime Justice



A Bird Causes Death of Man in Eldoret

Citizens and residents of Annex estate in Eldoret town, Uasin Gishu county, are left in dilemma after a man was electrocuted. According to his lover, Cherop Mercy, the two were in a conversation when it changed to bad news. Cherop was seated on the ground while the thirty five years old lover was standing and leaning on a barbed wire pole next to the electric pole. Suddenly, she heard a loud bhang before the man fell down and died.

The locals also confirmed that this was exactly what happened. They complained that they had severally requested Kenya Power and Lighting Company to replace the concrete pole with a wooden electric pole.

One of the official of Kenya power who arrived at the scene of the incident explained that the electrocution was caused by a bird that landed on the electric wire. This allowed the flow of power from the the concrete electric pole, to the barbed wire fence then to the man.

Kenya Power and Lighting Company needs to create awareness to the citizens on precautions to be taken to avoid more cases of such. Rip young man.

Content created and supplied by: Olusabeti (via Opera News )

Annex Cherop Eldoret Kenya Uasin Gishu


Load app to read more comments