Ways of improving career development
1. Set goals and Set a plan to achieve them.
2. Develop a timeline,including milestones.
3. Job shadow other employees in your company to learn about different jobs.
4.Explore lateral moves to broaden and deepen your experience. Being able to handle multiple jobs can add variety to what you do and broaden your skills.
5. Attend classes and training sessions to increase your knowledge.
6. Share your goals with others and gain a partner who can help you with broaden your experience. Bringing your boss and spornsorship and mentoring into the. Picture will ensure that you have an internal mentor who will help you manage your career.
7. Utilize company programs.Some companies have formal programs to help employees develop their caareers.
8. Developing your skills and talents that will help in stretching your world and enable more of your contribution.
9. Offering more opportunities.Many employees have not thought about their current jobs or next promotion they would like to receive.They need to broaden their short term thinking.
Content created and supplied by: Ruthodack (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More