1. Avoid going to an interview without proper research on what you are going to be interviewed on.
2. Don't postpone your interview or arrive late for the interview unless you have an emergency or a very good reason for running late and have called ahead to notify or reschedule.
3. Avoid inappropriate dressing style because your dressing code.
4. Avoid fidgeting with your hair, chewing on gum, chewing on nails, constantly sniffing or coughing.
5. There is no reason for you to take your phone out during the interview so keep it out of sight to avoid distractions.
6. Avoid use of poor body language like inappropriate eye contact, bad posture and weak handshake.
7. Avoid giving unclear answers, especially when you are not sure of what you are saying.
8. Avoid repetitions when explaining yourself.
9. Never complain about your current or former employers. No matter how ineffectual or bad the situation was, badmouthing will not reflect well on you.
10. Don't come out from the interview without asking even a single question. Employers want to gauge where your interest level is at, so you should prepare some questions ahead of time.
11. Avoid lying on your CV and at the interview.
12. Avoid getting too personal because your interviewer could become your manager.
13. Don't sit down before being invited when you enter the interview room.
14. Don't appear to be the one trying to run the meeting.
15. Avoid swearing and using offensive language or gestures during the interview.
16. After ending the interview, never leave without saying thank you to your interviewer.
Content created and supplied by: @arapoutta (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More