Gambling in Kenya has become a major concern in recent years as more and more people are becoming addicted to it. As gambling becomes more accessible, more people are becoming vulnerable to addiction and its associated risks. Gambling can be a fun pastime, but when it becomes an addiction, it can have serious repercussions for an individual’s financial, mental, and physical health. For those struggling with a gambling addiction, there are a number of steps that can be taken to help break the habit and regain control over their lives.
1. Seek Professional Help: If you find yourself struggling with a gambling addiction, it is important to seek professional help. Counseling and therapy can help you to understand the underlying causes of your gambling addiction and provide you with the support and resources needed to break the habit.
2. Know Your Limits: Before you start gambling, it is important to set limits for yourself. Decide how much you can afford to lose and stick to that limit. It is also important to understand the odds of the games you are playing so that you can make informed decisions about how much to bet.
3. Avoid Temptation: To avoid getting drawn into gambling, it is important to stay away from places that promote gambling, such as casinos, betting shops and internet gambling sites. If you find yourself in these places, it is important to be aware of the potential triggers that may lead to gambling.
4. Find Healthy Alternatives: If you find yourself with a lot of free time, it is important to fill it with activities that are healthy and productive. Find hobbies that don’t involve gambling, such as sports, creative activities, or spending time with friends and family.
5. Seek Support: Gambling addiction can be a lonely and isolating experience. It is important to seek out a support system, such as a gambling anonymous group, in order to find comfort and understanding.
6. Get Financial Advice: Gambling can lead to serious financial problems. It is important to seek advice from a financial planner or debt counselor in order to get back on track and manage your finances responsibly.
7. Talk to Someone: If you are struggling with a gambling addiction, it is important to talk to someone about it. Talking to a trusted friend or family member can help to provide perspective and allow you to open up about your struggles.
Gambling addiction can be a serious problem and it is important to take steps to get out of it. Seeking professional help, setting limits, and avoiding triggers can help break the habit and reclaim control over your life.
Content created and supplied by: bulsketv (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More