Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

Kenya Power On The Spot As Senior Military Soldier Dies By Electrocution Outside His House

There has been an increase in cases of electrocution in tandem with increased connectivity across the country.

A 38-year-old military soldier lost his life after he was electrocuted outside his house in Montano area, in Mombasa County on Monday night.

According to reports, the deceased officer, Major Said Komora, was having dinner with his family at around 7.45 pm when their house help, who had gone outside to hang a mop on the clothesline, raised alarm and cried for help.

Komora rushed out and found that their househelp had been electrocuted.

The soldier successfully rescued the househelp but with a slight injury on her right hand, however, on a sad twist, Komora touched the iron clothing line and was electrocuted.

Komora was rushed to a nearby health centre where he died while receiving treatment.

The body of the deceased was moved to local mortuary awaiting an autopsy.

Kenya Power has since issued a statement saying it is probing the incident and will forward the details to investigative officers upon completion.

To address the worrying trend in public electrocution, KPLC announced that it is carrying out a public sensitization campaign to enhance the awareness through partnership with the mainstream media and NGAO across the country to pass the message that unsafe electricity can result to death.

Source

Content created and supplied by: PetroWriter (via Opera News )

Kenya Komora Mombasa County Said Komora

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments